Tired of watching Rover scratch himself raw? Worried about exposing your loved ones to harmful flea-borne diseases? Book our pet-safe pest control services to keep your home flea-free.
Beginner’s Guide To Flea Treatment In Owings, MD
Think fleas are a minor problem that only affects your pets? Think again.
According to entomological research from the University of Maryland, fleas are:
- Prone to biting humans
- Capable of transmitting several diseases, such as the double-pored dog tapeworm, which can infect dogs, cats, or humans
- Able to live up to a year, and infestations may occur in buildings that have been vacant for up to six months, due to fleas’ ability to survive for months without a blood meal
- Commonly introduced to the home by other pests, such as squirrels, racoons, birds, rodents, and racoons
Fortunately, there are plenty of preventative measures you can take, even before you call in pet-safe pest control service professionals, such as:
- Diligent vacuuming. Vacuum all upholstered furniture and floors, paying particular attention to the areas where your pets sleep and travel.
- Shampoo or steam clean problem areas. Rugs, carpeting, and pet bedding should be thoroughly cleaned.
- Pest exclusion. The less access potential flea hosts have to your home, the lower your risk of flea infestation. Seal up cracks and crevices as best you can and contact our residential pest control service if you find any nests or signs of entry.
No Fleas, Please: Book Pet-Safe Pest Control Services In Owings, MD
As pet owners ourselves, we’ve always appreciated the need for pet-safe spray solutions. That’s why, as part of our commitment to keeping Maryland’s fur babies safe and homes flea-free, we developed a proprietary pest control spray that is completely non-toxic and pet-safe, made from all-natural ingredients like dandelion extract and chrysanthemum. It’s tough on fleas, yet so safe that you don’t even need to leave the room while we work!
What’s more, we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM), which favors biological, cultural, and mechanical controls over sprays where possible, so you never have to worry about exposing your pets to harmful chemicals while you keep them flea-free.
To learn more about our pet-safe pest control services, and our one-of-a-kind 21-day service guarantee, get in touch with our team by:
- Calling 1-888-248-2284
- Requesting a quote on our website
Writing email@example.com with any questions and requesting a callback