Summer Grilling Series
Summer is in full swing, and families everywhere are enjoying fun in the sun. We hate to admit it but, in a few weeks, you will start to see pumpkins on the shelves and leaves changing on the trees. Mosquito Sheriff wants to be sure you enjoy sweet summertime with your family. Here’s a bucket list to help you enjoy the rest of your summer fun.
- Go to the beach! (Or the Lake) Summer days are best spent on the sand making memories. Pack a snack or lunch and grab some sand toys.
- Go to a farmers’ market. This is a fun family activity and a great way to support your local community. Getting fresh local fruits, vegetables, and other goods will not only help others but will taste so much better in your recipes.
- Have a picnic. This makes any mealtime more fun. Grab some fun books or watch the sunset.
- Catch an outdoor concert in your town. This is so much fun and a favorite of ours! Check your local town for listings of bands and times for each performance. Bring chairs and blankets. The kids can dance, and you can pack a fun dinner or grab take out on the way. This is a fun night for the whole family.
- Host a summer barbecue. There is no better way to enjoy summer than with friends, family, and good food. Make sure your yard is ready with some simple mosquito preparation and grab a great grilling recipe.
Now that you have this summer bucket list you are ready to enjoy the rest of the summer with a fool proof plan. Summer is always fun but can go by so quickly. Before you head out the door remember to do a quick mosquito check of your yard to keep your family safe. Contact your local Mosquito Sheriff for a free estimate for your home’s mosquito and tick control.
Here is a great grilling recipe for your next barbecue!
EASY GRILLED CORN
6 Cobs of Corn
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Remove the husks and silks of the corn and then coat each cob with the olive oil.
- Oil your BBQ’s grate and preheat it to high heat (at least 500F).
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning every few minutes until nice char marks appear (I use a gas BBQ with the lid down).
- Remove the corn to a plate and let it cool for a few minutes until it’s safe to handle.
Be creative with the toppings and seasoning! 😊