Looking for a mosquito control company in Owings, MD? You’re not alone. Dealing with nuisance mosquitoes all summer is bad enough, but just last week, the first Maryland case of West Nile virus was confirmed in Baltimore, prompting numerous families and business owners to rethink their existing mosquito control strategies.
As part of our commitment to keeping Maryland communities safe, today’s post shares some tips to help avoid getting bitten and reduce your risks of mosquito-borne diseases this summer.
Read on or call 1-888-248-2284 to speak directly with a mosquito control specialist in Owings, MD.
Minimize Your Risks Of Mosquito Bites In Owings, MD
First and foremost, you should take immediate action to avoid getting bitten. There’s plenty of preventative measures you can put in place straight away, even before you call our mosquito control company, such as:
- Wearing long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and socks to keep mosquitoes off exposed skin.
- Staying indoors whenever possible, particularly if there are mosquito-borne disease warnings in effect.
- Using EPA-registered mosquito repellents when necessary—but make sure they comply with the Maryland General Assembly’s Pollinator Protection Act of 2016! If you’re unsure about a product, please direct any questions to our mosquito control company in Owings, MD.
- Replace your outdoor lights with yellow “bug” lights. While these do not repel mosquitoes, research by the EPA suggests that they “attract fewer mosquitoes than ordinary lights.”
Optimize Your Source Reduction Strategy For More Mosquito Relief
Source reduction is a key part of any integrated pest management plan.
Start by removing common mosquito habitats. The United States Environmental Protection Agency suggests:
- Eliminating standing water in rain gutters, old tires, plastic covers, buckets, toys, or any other containers where mosquitoes could breed
- Emptying or changing the water in fountains, wading pools, bird baths, and potted plant trays at least once per week
- Draining or filling temporary pools of water with dirt
- Keeping all swimming pool water treated and well-circulated, and cover when not in use
- Mowing the lawn around water sources regularly to minimize soggy, damp environments mosquitoes love
To learn more about effective source reduction, or book your IPM service, get in touch with our mosquito control company in Owings, MD.
Find A Mosquito Control Company With Mean-And-Green Pesticides
Pesticides and larvicides are essential for effective mosquito population control, but you need to choose products and providers carefully. Certain pesticides may be harmful to people, pets, and pollinators, and many once-popular products are now banned under the Maryland General Assembly’s Pollinator Protection Act of 2016.
When you choose our mosquito control company in Owings, MD, you get complete peace of mind, because while our pesticides are mean to mosquitoes, proven to eliminate adults and larvae quickly and efficiently; they’re also green, being completely non-toxic and natural, made from earth-grown ingredients like chrysanthemum and dandelion extract that won’t hurt people, pets, or helpful pollinators.
Go Pro With A Mosquito Control Company In Owings, MD
Our mosquito control company offers fast and effective pest solutions with zero risk to you. Most services take less than 20 minutes to complete, and every service is guaranteed—if you’re not completely satisfied within 20 days of your initial spray, we’ll re-treat your property or business at no charge.
To get a free quote from our mosquito control company in Owings, MD, call 1-888-248-2284 or fill out the short contact form to book online.