Tired of having mosquitoes show up uninvited to your home, party, or business? You’re not alone, and our pest control company is here to help!
Reviewing research from the Maryland Department of Agriculture, today’s post highlights how home and business owners can fight the bite with DIY mosquito solutions and support from pest control companies like ours.
Read on or call 1-888-248-2284 to speak directly with our pest control company in Owings, MD.
Fight The Bite: DIY Mosquito Control Tips From Pest Control Companies And Professionals
If you’re not ready to contact pest control companies for professional help, there’s still plenty you can do to fight the bite. The Maryland Department of Agriculture recommends that you:
- Avoid areas of high mosquito infestation. Most species of mosquitoes have flight ranges of 1-3 miles, so it may be possible to prevent bites by simply avoiding areas of infestation.However, for some home and business owners, this is easier said than done; if you live somewhere with high levels of mosquito activity, near shaded woods, wetlands, and ponds, you’ll have to find another way to fight the bite.
- Avoid unnecessary outdoor activities at dawn and dusk. Mosquitoes are most active at dawn and dusk, so try to stay indoors at these times. Again, though, if your party, patio plans, or business event is scheduled during peak feeding times, you’ll need to step your prevention practices up a notch.
- Wear long pants, long-sleeve shirts, and a hat when spending time outdoors. Covering up makes feeding much harder for mosquitoes, so dress with your local mosquito meter in mind!
- Use mosquito commercially available mosquito repellents containing DEET. Of all the different products available to consumers, those containing DEET have been shown to be most effective. However, you should be aware that, unlike our all-natural spray solution, DEET exposure can cause health risks with vulnerable populations and pets. If you have concerns, try to find a repellent with no more than 10-30% concentration of DEET and use it sparingly, or book an organic spray service for our pest control companies in Maryland.
- Remove standing water “spawning pools” from your property. Upend buckets, cups, bird baths, and any other containers that hold water. Mosquitoes don’t need much water to breed—as little as a teaspoon can provide enough room for dozens of larvae to mature!
Go Pro With Pest Control Companies: Get Guaranteed Mosquito Relief
If you’ve exhausted your DIY mosquito solutions without relief, don’t stress—our pest control company is standing by to help! We offer:
- Safe spray solutions—We only use our proprietary 100% organic, all-natural mosquito formula, which is safe for pets, pollinators, people, and plants, yet still tough on pests.
- Guaranteed results—Our spray solution kills on contact and creates a powerful barrier that prevents mosquitoes from entering your property for up to two weeks. If you’re not completely satisfied with the results of your spray service, we’ll return to your property and re-treat it at no cost.
- Unbeatable pricing—We charge just $79 per half-acre, $89 for a full acre, and $10 for every acre after that. And if you sign up for a seasonal contract, your first spray is free!
- Free quotes—Call 1-888-248-2284 or fill out our quick contact form to get a free estimate from our pest control company in Owings, Maryland.